The sous vide machine had to be invented with chicken in mind. I swear it’s the best way to cook chicken. The end product is so beautifully tender and juicy, you won’t believe how good a plain chicken breast can taste.
This recipe is simple and easy to make on a busy work night. Let’s get to it-
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 T. unsalted butter
- 16 oz. heavy cream
- pinch of saffron threads
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken- Set sous vide at 150ºF
- Season chicken with salt, pepper (or any seasoning you like), and 1 T. of butter for each breast. Seal in
a sous videbag
- Cook for 1-2 hours
- Remove chicken from bag and reserve juices in bag
- Sauce- Pour reserved chicken cooking juices and heavy cream into a pot with saffron and reduce by half.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- (optional) Strain sauce through a fine sieve if you would like to remove saffron threads and create a smooth consistent sauce
- Pour over sliced chicken breast and enjoy!